Mansard’s MS SQL Server DBA provides you the essentials of SQL from the scratch. SQL is the most demanding skill in the IT world. SQL allows users to store, retrieve, filter, group and aggregate the data in SQL Server database. SQL is the most common language adopted in other RDBMS.
Mansard offers a customized training solution for professionals to master the right set of skills and be industry ready. Mansard’s team of expert trainers uses innovative ways to teach the concepts and help you in acquiring hands-on experience. Our interactive classes are designed with the flexibility to ensure that every learner is engaged in their own way.
Mansard’s convenient and effective way of learning is imparted by our trainers to help you grow and gain knowledge.
1. SQL Server DBA Overview
Mansard offers the SQL Server DBA certification course for professionals to help you gain hands-on experience in installation, functioning and authentication types in SQL Servers. You will also learn managing, maintaining and securing of databases, and automation of SQL Server.
2. Course Features
30-40 hours of Instructor-led classes, assignments after every class, a live project to get hands-on experience, quizzes and real-time project, self-paced online learning, certification after successful completion of course
3. Who is Eligible to Take Up This Course?
The following professionals can take up the SQL Server DBA course offered by Mansard Software Solution.
- Software and IT Professionals
- SQL Developers and Administrators
- Database Server Professionals
- Those aspiring for a career in SQL Server DBA
- Freshers who are aspiring to pursue a career as a database administrator and must have a basic understanding of any computer programming language
You must have a basic understanding of database concepts and any programming language.
About the Course
SQL Server DBA Training and Certification Program from Mansard is designed to help learners in becoming specialists to handle the increasing amount of data and develop applications using SQL that uses database connector and system architects to design database models.
Starting with SQL Server
Goal: In this module, you will learn about the Database Administrator responsibilities, types of DBAs, the difference between standard and enterprise editions.
- Responsibilities of Database Administrator, Types of DBAs, History of SQL Server
- Editions of SQL Server, Tools of SQL Server, Differences between Standard and Enterprise editions
- Instances types in SQL Server, Default Instance, Named Instance
- SQL Server Services, Instance aware services, Instance unaware services
Installing SQL Server
Goal: In this module, you will understand the pre-requisites to install a server
- Pre-requisites, Installation of Server
- Post Installation, configuration and verification
Functioning of Databases
Goal: In this module, you will learn about the functioning of database, adding files, database models.
- Describe Database, Types of Database and Brief explanation
- System Databases, User Database, Sql Server Database Architecture, Pages, Extents
- Filegroups, Transaction Architecture, Creating Database, Modifying Database· Adding Files, Moving and renaming of Database files, Database modes, Real time Scenario
Importing and Exporting Data
Goal: In this module, you will learn how to import and export data, and techniques used for data transfer.
- The Import and Export of table data
- Copy or move a database
- Tools and techniques for data transfer
Goal: In this module, you will learn the authentication types, creating user logins, and understanding the permissions
- Authentication Types in SQL Server, Types of Login, Windows Login, SQL Login
- Creating Users and Logins, Server roles, Password policy
- Understanding Database and Server Roles, Permissions, Working on access level issues
- Orphan users Finding and Fixing
Goal: In this module, you will learn the uses and types of Backup and differences between backups and backup strategy.
- Database Backups, Why we need backups, Types of Backup, Full Backup, Differential Backup
- Transaction Log Backup, Copy-only, Mirrored, Split and Tail log Backups
- Differences between backups, Backup Strategy
- Understanding how the data moving from Log to Data File, CHECKPOINT
- Monitoring the space usage of Log File and fixing
- Checking the backup files VALID or CORRUPTED, Backup storage tables.
Recovery and Restoration of Database
Goal: In this module, you will learn about the methods used for restoration and types of recovery models.
- Types of Recovery Models, Full, Bulk-Logged, Simple, Differences between Recovery Models
- Setting Recovery Models according to the Scenarios with examples
- Performing Restorations, Types of Restoration, Attach and Detach
- Shrinking files, Point-in-Time Recovery
Monitoring SQL Server 2014
Goal: In this module, you will know the definition of monitoring sql server
- What is monitoring sql server, Dynamic Management Views (DMV)
- Dynamic Management Functions (DMF), Performance Monitor
- Activity Monitor, Configure database mails, alerts and notification
Tracing SQL Server Activity
Goal: In this module you will learn how to trace SQL Server activity.
- SQL Server Profiler
- SQL Trace stored procedures, Using Traces
- Optimize SQL Server workloads
Auditing Data Access and Encrypting Data
Goal: In this module, you will learn about auditing feature in SQL
- SQL server audit feature
- Implement audit
- Audit data access
- Implement encryption
Goal: In this module, you will learn about the database maintenance tasks
- Common database maintenance tasks
- Ensuring database integrity
- Maintaining Indexes
- Automating common tasks
Automating SQL Server 2014 Management
Goal: In this module, you will learn about automating SQL server, implementing and managing SQL server.
- Implementing and Managing SQL Server Agent Jobs
- Managing job on multiple servers